Welcome to the Grand Comics Database!
We're a nonprofit, internet-based organization of international volunteers dedicated to building a database covering all printed comics throughout the world, and we're glad you're here! Give our search a try, or take a look at the menu to the left to see how you can help us improve the site.
Grand GCD Gathering during the Baltimore Comic-Con in September
Make your plans now to attend the Grand GCD Gathering during the Baltimore Comic-Con on September 25-27, 2015 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Downtown Baltimore, Maryland. This will be an historic meeting, where more of us will meet face-to-face than ever before. Come by and visit our booth we will have at the show! More Information to come!
GCD Comics Timeline
How to help ?There are several ways in which you can help us to improve our site and its content.
- You can provide missing data, update existing data, or upload cover scans. Just register an account with us, and you can start contributing.
- Donate for our ongoing costs, e.g. the server infrastructure. We are a non-profit organization and any funds will be used for our goal of documenting and indexing all comics.
- We need volunteer web designers and programmers! Please contact the
gcd-tech group or visit our technical documentation if you
can help with any of these roles:
- Python / Django programming
- Elasticsearch search server together with Haystack
- Web Services API
- Database Performance (MySQL)
4,416 indicia publishers
43,244 variant issues
219,599 issue indexes