Welcome to the Grand Comics Database!
We're a nonprofit, Internet-based organization of international volunteers dedicated to building a database covering all printed comics throughout the world, and we're glad you're here! Give our search form a try, or take a look to see how you can contribute.
How to help ?There are several ways in which you can help us to improve our site and its content.
- You can provide missing data, update existing data, or upload cover scans. Just register an account with us, and you can start contributing.
- Donate for our ongoing costs, e.g. the server infrastructure. We are a non-profit organization and any funds will be used for our goal of documenting and indexing all comics.
- We need volunteer web designers and programmers! Please contact the
gcd-tech group or visit our technical documentation if you
can help with any of these roles:
- Python / Django programming
- Solr search server
- Web Services API
- Database Performance (MySQL)
New Features for May 2013!We now only use genres from our official genre list.
425,000 covers uploaded!
Check out the cover which is from Grandes Viajes #3 (Editorial Novaro, 1963 Series), a series from Mexico.
Take a look at our international statistics to see what else the GCD's been up to.
GCD Live ChatGCD Live Chat is now available through our own IRC Channel courtesy of Freenode! With direct access to the GCD community, members and comic fans everywhere now have an interactive forum to ask experts questions about indexing, learn more about the GCD, introduce new ideas for the program, or simply talk comics.
Join the conversation at webchat.freenode.net/?channels=GCD. Give yourself a nickname, type in the captcha and you are connected. It is that easy.
Have your own IRC Client preference? No problem! You can find us at irc://chat.freenode.net/%23GCD.
We look forward to seeing you there!
New Features for September 2012!
- Scans of the indicia (and corresponding legal-like printed publication data) or the statement of ownership can now be added to our site. Look for the 'Resources' link on the right of an issue page.
- First step in our restructuring of brands: To identify brands an image can be uploaded. More changes to brands will come in the next two months.
3,359 indicia publishers
24,969 variant issues
180,030 issue indexes