- Chris Claremont
- Dave Cockrum (loose blue pencils); Joe Rubinstein (finished art); Bob Wiacek (finished art)
- Joe Rubinstein (pages 1-22); Bob Wiacek (pages 23-48)
- Glynis Wein
- Tom Orzechowski (pages 1-36); Jean Simek (pages 37-48)
- FEATURE: X-Men [Professor X; Cyclops; Storm; Wolverine; Colossus; Nightcrawler; Kitty Pryde]; GUESTS: Carol Danvers [Ms. Marvel]; Lee Forrester; Moira MacTaggert; Peter Corbeau; VILLAIN: Magneto (Origin); CAMEO FLASHBACK: Phoenix [Jean Grey]
- The X-Men find Cyclops and Lee at Magneto's ocean base; Cyclops re-joins; Battle royale with Magneto; Kitty performs a Jedi mind trick.
Note 1: Inker and letterer page credits added 2005 by Steven Tice.
Note 2: Dave Cockrum reports 2006 that "I did loose pencils in blue. Editor Ann Nocenti referred to them as 'shakedowns'. But everything was there."
Note 3: Magneto seems to be living in something similar to the Lovecraftian sunken island/city of R'Lyeh.