- John Broome (credited); Len Wein ? (additions)
- Gil Kane (credited); Dick Giordano (additions)
- Sid Greene (credited); Dick Giordano (additions)
- Shelley Eiber (credited)
- Gaspar Saladino [as Gaspar] (credited)
- Julius Schwartz (original editor)
- Green Lantern [Hal Jordan]; Green Lantern [Guy Gardner]; Sinestro (cameo); The Shark (cameo); Sonar (cameo); Black Hand (cameo); Guardians of the Universe; Green Lantern [Abin Sur]; Doctor Polaris (cameo); Gherans
- The Guardians show Hal Jordan what would have happened if Guy Gardner had been chosen by Abin Sur as his successor. In that alternate past, Guy travels to the planet Ghera, which Hal never had, and ends a civil war there. But he contracts a yellow plague which kills him and as he dies, he passes the power ring and battery to Hal Jordan. Intrigued, Hal meets and becomes friends with Guy Gardner after the Guardians' presentation is through.
Credits for script, pencils and inks confirmed from Julius Schwartz's editorial records, provided by DC Comics (April 2007).
In addition to modifications of the opening splash page, including new text, the final three panels are completely new art and text.
- Len Wein (credited)
Letters from John Henry Sain, Mitchell Evans, Perry Beider, and Gerry Woodling.