The Grand Comics Database (GCD) is a nonprofit, internet-based organization of international volunteers dedicated to building a database covering all printed comics throughout the world. Give our search a try, take a look at the menu to the left to see how you can help us improve the site, or use my.comics.org to track and manage your comic collection.
Volunteers Wanted For Adding New Comics
Each week, a small number of GCD volunteers add listings to our database for the new comics released that week in North America. These are just the basic listings, not full indexes. This makes it easier for other volunteers who upload covers and for indexers, as well as for people using my.comics.org.
Each volunteer covers one publisher or a small group of publishers (“D publishers except DC”, for example). From public sources such as ComicsList and Diamond Previews online, they add the issues and make note of the prices and a few other details. We are looking for additional volunteers for this weekly task.Follow this link for a description of the process and a list of which publishers are currently covered.
WHAT ARE YOU INDEXING?
Current series as they come out? Older issues recently acquired? Holes found in your my.comics.org collection? Join the conversation on one of our community pages
- series name from the search dropdown now returns results with matching terms, not matching phrases
- tracking of series mergers, i.e. when two or more series combine under a joint name
- search results can be filtered by publisher
- table of contents-links now go to their corresponding sequence in both directions
GCD Comics Timeline
How to Help
There are several ways in which you can help us to improve our site and its content.
- You can provide missing data, update existing data, or upload cover scans. Just register an account with us, and you can start contributing.
- Donate for our ongoing costs, e.g. the server infrastructure. We are a non-profit organization and any funds will be used f or our goal of documenting and indexing all comics.
We need volunteer web designers and programmers! Please contact the
or visit our
if you can help with any of these roles:
- Python / Django programming
- ElasticSearch search server
- Web Services API
- Database Performance (MySQL)
5,598 indicia publishers
81,077 variant issues
292,679 issue indexes