Some info verified using a DCM scan (http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/)
The on-sale date is from the publication date recorded in the Catalog of Copyright Entries, Part 2, Periodicals, 1941, New Series, Vol. 36, No. 3.
The cover not only features the splash page to the Blackhawk story (drawn by Cuidera), but the splash page to the Yankee Eagle feature as well (drawn by Smith). Story title added by Craig Delich 2012-1-11.
(1) Story title taken from the cover.
(2) Letterer credit per Cuidera, added by Craig Delich 2012-1-12.
(3) The character Stanislaus was named by writer Bob Powell, whose actual name was Stanislaus Robert Pulowski.
(4) Blackhawk's "left to right" introduction of the Blackhawks on page 3 panel 8 erroneously swaps Olaf and Hendrick.
(5) Through the process of elimination, the man seen on the bottom of page 9 panel 2 may be Boris. After this issue, Boris is not seen again until Blackhawk (DC, 1976 series) #245-246.
(6) Vladim is mentioned on page 11 panel 4 as the Blackhawk designer, however there is no indication that he is a member of the Blackhawks. The white-haired man with a crew cut and sweater seen on page 4 panel 1 and page 10 panel 10 may be Vladim (he may also be the same man seen in the center of page 9 panel 2).
(7) In the epilogue, Blackhawk states that Vladim, the Blackhawk designer, has just revamped their Grumman skyrocket and it will appear next issue.
Art credits suggested by the Who's Who.