- Scott Snyder (story); James Tynion IV (story; words)
- Jim Cheung; Stephen Segovia
- Mark Morales; Stephen Segovia
- Tomeu Morey; Wil Quintana
- Tom Napolitano
- Justice League [Batman [Bruce Wayne]; Superman [Clark Kent; Kal-El]; Wonder Woman [Diana of Themyscira]; Martian Manhunter [J'onn J'onzz]; Hawkgirl [Kendra Saunders]; Green Lantern [John Stewart]]; Starman [Will Payton]; Jarro (Starro fragment); Thanagarian Wingmen; Shayera Hol; Thanagarians; The Keep (Martian Elder); Hawkman [Katar Hol] (The Savage Hawkman version)
- On Earth, Batman tries to learn the secrets of the Totality from Starman's mind. Meanwhile, J'onn, Kendra, and John Stewart arrive on Thanagar Prime to meet with the Martian Keep who has been living there to learn the secrets of the Totality. They are greeted by Shayera Hol, who is now the Empress of Thanagar Prime, but Kendra senses that Shayera is hiding something from them.
- Dark Multiverse; Dark Nights Metal; Martians; Thanagar Prime; Thanagarians; The Totality
Shayera Hol, now the Empress of Thanagar Prime, is the wife of the "late" Katar Hol, the previous incarnation of Hawkman Carter Hall. Kendra is confused because she is supposed to be the reincarnation of Shayera, so she doesn't understand how they could both exist at the same time and place. Katar Hol reappears later in the story and is referred to as "The Savage Hawkman" and his costume is the one worn in The Savage Hawkman (DC, 2011 series). The explanation for this is revealed in issue #16.
J'onn refers to how he lived on Thanagar Prime for a while masquerading as a Thanagarian as shown in Dark Nights: Metal (DC, 2017 series). He explains that the reason he was on Thanagar Prime was to meet with The Keep, the living repository of all Martian history, and he was caught there when the war with the Dark Multiverse broke out.