- Werner Roth; Jack Kirby ? (alterations)
- Sol Brodsky
- Stan Goldberg
- Sam Rosen
- Professor X; Cyclops; Marvel Girl [Jean Grey]; Angel; Beast; Iceman; Magneto
- Reprints: show reprint note before migration
- in Fantastic! (IPC, 1967 series) #35 (14 October 1967)
- in Strange (Editions Lug, 1970 series) #17 (5 mai 1971) [reworked and recolored]which is reprinted
- in Amazing Adventures (Marvel, 1979 series) #14 (January 1981)
- in The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men (Marvel, 1987 series) #1 (May 1987)
- in Marvel Masterworks (Marvel, 1987 series) #7 ([Novenber] 1988)
- in X-Men: The Early Years (Marvel, 1994 series) #17 (September 1995)
- in Magneto Ascendant (Marvel, 1999 series) #1 (April 1999)
- in Essential Uncanny X-Men (Marvel, 1999 series) #1 (September 1999)
- in X-Men Vol. 1, No. 18 [Marvel Legends Reprint] (Marvel, 2004 series) (August 2004) [cover]
- in The X-Men Omnibus (Marvel, 2009 series) #1 ([April] 2009)
- in X-Men Epic Collection (Marvel, 2014 series) #1 - Children of the Atom ([January] 2015)
Disputed penciler credit--Jack Kirby (layouts) Werner Roth (pencils) per Rich Donnelly, Steve Whitaker, and Bob Ford. Bob Ford asserts that someone other than Jack Kirby or Dick Ayers modified Magneto's face. Nick Caputo believes that the Magneto figure was pencilled by Kirby and the rest of the cover by Roth (GCD Error List 29 March 2007). Sol Brodsky inking credit added per Nick Caputo, Jan 1, 2011. Nick adds that according to Mark Evanier kirby rarely, if ever, provided cover layouts for other artists.
Credits from print indexes vary. The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men (Olshevsky 1987) attributed pencils to Roth, inks to Ayers. The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men (Ward 1994) attributed layouts to Kirby, pencils to Roth, inks to Ayers. Official Index to the Marvel Universe (Vandal et al. 2009) attributed pencils to Kirby.
Sources for letters credit are The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men (1987), The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men (1994), and Official Index to the Marvel Universe.