Title page with story panels from Sgt. Rock Special #2.
Title pages with creator credits, includes illustration from Our Army at War #83.
Indicia and publisher information with story panels from The Losers Special #1.
The table of contents for this collection lists Gil Fox assisting on the art for this cover.
(1) Table of Contents for this collection credits both Will Eisner and Bob Powell as writers. Letterer credit from Chuck Cuidera per GCD index of original issue.
(2) Introduction of Blackhawk. Introduction and death of Blackhawk’s brother Jack and sister Connie (both buried by Blackhawk). Blackhawk (DC, 1957 series) #242 (Aug-Sep 1968) reveals that Blackhawk's civilian name is Bart Hawk, however the story of Jack's death in that issue is vastly different from the original account, and therefore cannot be considered in the same continuity. Given this, one cannot state unequivocally that the three siblings' last name is "Hawk", or that Blackhawk's first name is "Bart".
(3) A minimum of 8 Blackhawks, including Blackhawk himself, are depicted. Baker, a Cockney Englishman, is the only one named. Based on later revelations of the team's early membership, the 6 unidentified members likely include: Andre, Hendrickson, Olaf, Stanislaus, Zeg, Chuck, and/or Boris. Based on his physical appearance, the prisoner referred to as "Blackhawk's man", seen on page 5 panel 4 between the Red Cross nurse and Captain Von Tepp, could be Andre or Zeg. Based on his physical appearance, the man struck in the head by a rock, seen on page 6 panel 9, could be Stanislaus, Olaf, or Boris.
(4) A small map of Blackhawk's Island is depicted.
(5) The lyrics to the song of the Blackhawks are: "Over land over sea, we fight to make men free, of danger we don't care... we're Blackhawks!"
Story in four parts of 4.67, 4.67, 4.67, and 9 pages.
Story in two parts of 7.67 and 9.67 pages.
Unknown Soldier's face shown for the first time.
Death of the Losers.
This story is broken into 4 chapters:
Chapter 1 ...Countdown at Hells' Corner! (11 pages)
Chapter Two ...A Marine Called Pooch! (12 pages)
Chapter 3 Spirit of the Dead (8 pages)
Conclusion: Night of Fire (9 pages)
Story told in 2 parts:
Part 1 (15 pages)
Part 2 (9 pages)
Credits for Enemy Ace: War in Heaven Part One
Credits for Enemy Ace: War in Heaven Part Two
Back cover with text on contents of collection, includes illustrations from The Losers Special #1 (The Losers), Showcase #57 (Enemy Ace), Our Army at War #83 (Sgt. Rock), Star Spangled War Stories #183 (The Unknown Soldier), and G.I. Combat #87 (The Haunted Tank).