- Gary Friedrich (credited)
- Marie Severin (credited)
- George Tuska (credited); Marie Severin ? (see notes)
- Marie Severin ?
- Artie Simek (credited)
- Feature Logo
- Warriors Three [Fandral (supporting); Hogun (supporting); Volstagg (supporting)]; Enchantress [Amora] (villain); The Executioner [Skurge] (villain); Hulk [Bruce Banner] (origin) (featured); Rick Jones (flashback) (cameo); Odin (supporting); Oldar (first appearance); Thunderbolt Ross (flashback) (cameo); Silver Surfer [Norrin Radd] (flashback) (cameo); Igor Sklar (flashback); Thor (flashback) (cameo); Trolls (villain)
- Bruce Banner is falling down a bottomless pit back to Midgard when the Enchantress plucks him back. The Warriors Three consult Oldar the Oracle and find out the origins of the Hulk. Banner transforms into the Hulk which enrages the Executioner who has fought the jade giant before. Leaving the Hulk behind, the evil duo lead an army of trolls against Asgard and the Hulk arrives on the scene just in time to lend a hand in the victory of Odin's forces. Even though he has proven himself an ally, the Hulk still manages to tick the All-Father off so an enraged Odin sends him back to Earth.
- in Fantastic! (IPC, 1967 series) #81 (31 August 1968) [pages 1-9], #82 (7 September 1968) [pages 9-15 ?], #83 (14 September 1968) [pages 15-20 ?]
- in Hit Comics (BSV - Williams, 1966 series) #99 (1969)
- in The Mighty World of Marvel (Marvel UK, 1972 series) #45 (August 11, 1973)
- in Hulk (Red Clown, 1974 series) #1/1974 (1974)
- in Etranges Aventures (Arédit-Artima, 1966 series) #42 (2ème trimestre 1975) [N&B et recadré [B&W and reframed]]
- in Marvel Super-Heroes (Marvel, 1967 series) #56 (March 1976)
- in Hulk Pocket [Hulk Superseriepocket] (Atlantic Forlag, 1979 series) #2 (1980)
- in Der unglaubliche Hulk (Condor, 1980 series) #2 ([Juli 1980])which is reprinted
- in Hulk (Arédit-Artima, 1982 series) #3 (février 1983)
- in O Poderoso Thor (Distri Editora, 1983 series) #4 (4 de Maio de 1983) [A página 18 do original foi completamente ignorada pelo editor português e não está presente.]
- in Essential Hulk (Marvel, 1999 series) #2 (2001) [black and white]
- in Marvel Masterworks: The Incredible Hulk (Marvel, 2003 series) #3 ([January] 2006)
- in The Incredible Hulk Omnibus (Marvel, 2008 series) #1 (2008)
- in Warriors Three: Dog Day Afternoon (Marvel, 2011 series) ([April] 2011)
- in Warriors Three: Dog Day Afternoon (Marvel, 2011 series) ([October] 2011)
- in Die offizielle Marvel-Comic-Sammlung (Hachette [DE], 2013 series) #11 - Der unglaubliche Hulk: Entfesselt (Dezember 2015)
- in Marvel. Официальная коллекция комиксов (Ашет Коллекция [Hachette], 2014 series) #75 - Невероятный Халк: Монстр На Свободе
Marie Severin may have inked/corrected some panels. Info per Nick Caputo. Previous indexer credited Syd Shores as inker with Tuska, but Nick sees no sign of Shores input.
Story continued from Tales to Astonish (Marvel, 1959 series) #101.
Hulk fought the Executioner in Tales To Astonish (Marvel, 1959 series) #77.
- John F. Hayes
Title: Tales to Astonish.
Total copies printed (average in last 12 months): 449213.
Total copies printed (issue nearest to filing date): 463000.
Total paid circulation (average in last 12 months): 269132.
Total paid circulation (issue nearest to filing date): 293950.
Total distribution (average in last 12 months): 269227.
Total distribution (issue nearest to filing date): 294045.
Office use, left-over, unaccounted, spoiled after printings (average in last 12 months): 179986.
Office use, left-over, unaccounted, spoiled after printings (issue nearest to filing date): 168955.
Filing Date: October 1, 1967.
- Gary Friedrich ?
- Marie Severin (illustrations)
- Frank Giacoia (illustrations)
- Sam Rosen; typeset
Letters from: Paul Horton, Bobby Vitto, Thomas Kalina, Dean Crawford, Patrick Snead, Brad Annis, Ken Free, and Steve Chapman.