- Roy Thomas
- Barry Windsor-Smith (layout); P. Craig Russell [as Craig Russell] (penciller); Val Mayerik (penciller)
- Dan Adkins; Sal Buscema; P. Craig Russell; Val Mayerik; Mark Kersey
- George Roussos
- Artie Simek
- fantasy-supernatural; sword and sorcery
- Conan; Melissandra; Kharam-Akkad; Yezdigerd; Balthaz; King Eannatum (introduction); Khurusan (introduction, death); Justin the Blind Hermit (introduction, death); Xuthltan
- Setting: Makkalet. Conan is taken captive in Makkalet when he defects from the Turanian army. Conan joins and is betrayed by Makkalet forces. Conan fights giant toad-god.
- in Conan (Arédit-Artima, 1977 series) #2 (1er trimestre 1978) [N&B/B&W]
- in Conan de barbaar (Oberon, 1979 series) #2 (1979)
- in Conan el Bárbaro (Planeta DeAgostini, 1983 series) #79 ([enero 1986])
- in Conan Saga (Marvel, 1987 series) #7 (November 1987) [black and white]
- in Espada Selvagem de Conan em Cores (Editora Abril, 1987 series) #5 (Dezembro de 1989) [recolored]
- in Conan (Bladkompaniet / Schibsted, 1990 series) #8/1991 ([august] 1991)which is reprinted
- in Conan Saga (Comic Art, 1993 series) #4 (Marzo 1994)
- in Essential Conan (Marvel, 2000 series) #1 (July 2000) [black and white]
- in The Chronicles of Conan (Dark Horse, 2003 series) #3 - The Monster of the Monoliths and Other Stories (2003)
- in The Barry Windsor-Smith Conan Archives (Dark Horse, 2010 series) #2 (May 2010)
- in Conan el Bárbaro. Edición 35 Aniversario (Planeta DeAgostini, 2017 series) (Marzo 2017)
- in Conan the Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus (Marvel, 2019 series) #1 ([January] 2019)
- in Conan (Semic, 1973 series) #2/1975
- in Conan (Condor, 1979 series) #2
Inspired by Robert E Howard story 'The Black Stone'. Smith credit changed from sketches to layout, based on splash page credits and info derived from letters pages.
According to an interview with Craig Russell in Conan: The Jewels of Gwahlur, only the first page and a couple of separate panels were fully drawn by Barry Smith, Val Mayerik completed figure work and Russell backgrounds. Inker Dan Adkins fell behind and called on them to do finished inks. In Back Issue #67 Russell stated he along with Val Mayerik did the finished pencil work, with Russell, Mayerik and Mark Kersey completing the inking.
Roussos coloring credit per Roy Thomas (2018, 116).
Thomas, Roy. 2018. Barbarian Life: A Literary Biography of Conan the Barbarian, Volume One. N.p.: Pulp Hero Press.
- Roy Thomas
Letters from Dean Mullaney, James Edward Smith, Scott Olsen, Duffy Vohland, Gary Oppenhuis, David Randolph III, John Kozak, Gary L. Robinson, and Danny G. Daniels.