- Archie Goodwin (credited)
- Billy Graham (credited)
- Syd Shores
- John Costanza (credited)
- First Line of Dialogue or Text
- Three a.m.: outside, the seemingly non-stop circus that is...
- Luke Cage; Phil Fox (introduction); Adrian Loring (introduction, flashback); The Phantom [Armand Loring] (villain, introduction, death); Jaques (villain, introdcution); Jasper Brunt (villain, introduction, death)
- A decades long inter-family feud over business erupts with one of the antagonists posing as a phantom. A suicidal plunge to the death on the part of one participants also brings the other to his doom, exacting revenge in a homicidal leap from a high office in a tall building which carries both characters down to the street.
The transformation of the 42nd Street theaters from live play houses to 2nd run movie theaters is part of the background of this story, a theme which began when Cage first rented his office above a theater in #2.
Brief one panel, partial synopsis of Cage's origin.
Printed credits give inking credit to Billy Graham. The Shores credit is from the letters page of HERO FOR HIRE #5.
Letters from Jeff Young, Mark Kionfas, Phil Trent, Matt Graham.