- Mark Gruenwald; Peter Sanderson ("plot input")
- Mark Gruenwald (layouts); Greg LaRocque ("finished art"); various ("embellishment")
- Rick Magyar (Arishem, Universal Armada); Jack Abel (the Avengers, Grandmaster, Korvac, Energy, Thor); Alan Kupperberg (Badoon); Joe Rubinstein (as Josef Rubinstein) (Captain America, Captain Marvel, Korvac: Ultimate, Watchers); Vince Colletta (Carina); Walter Simonson (Chaos, Order); Terry Austin (Collector); Alan Weiss (Doctor Strange); Mark Gruenwald (Eternity); Rick Bryant (Gardener); Bob Wiacek (Godheads, Stranger); Bob Layton (Galactus, Hercules, Iron Man, Korvac: Human); Al Milgrom (Guardians of the Galaxy, In-Betweener, Starhawk); Larry Hama (High Evolutionary); John Tartaglione (Humanity); Klaus Janson (Immortus); Herb Trimpe (Jocasta); Marie Severin (Living Tribunal); John Romita (Ms. Marvel); Frank Giacoia (Odin); Dave Cockrum (Phoenix); Steve Mitchell (Shaper of Worlds); Ron Wilson (Silver Surfer); Dave Simons (Vision, Wonder Man); John Byrne (Zeus); Frank Miller (Moondragon); Jim Starlin ? (credited as Himself) (Death)
- Glynis Oliver (as Glynis Wein)
- Rick Parker
- Arishem (Celestial); the Avengers [the Beast; the Black Widow; Captain America [Steve Rogers]; Hawkeye; Hercules; Iron Man [Tony Stark]; Jocasta; Moondragon; Ms. Marvel [Carol Danvers]; Quicksilver; the Scarlet Witch; Thor; the Vision; the Wasp; Wonder Man; Yellowjacket [Henry Pym]]; Badoon (flashback); Captain Marvel [Mar-Vell]; Carina Walters; the Collector (flashback); Death; Dr. Strange; Eternity; Galactus; the Gardener; the Grandmaster; the Guardians of the Galaxy [Charlie-27; Martinex; Nikki; Starhawk; Yondu]; the High Evolutionary; Immortus; the In-Betweener; Korvac [Michael]; the Living Tribunal; Lord Chaos; Master Order; Mephisto; Odin; Phoenix [Jean Grey]; the Shaper of Worlds; the Silver Surfer; the Stranger; the Watcher (story host); Watchers; Zeus
- Korvac destroys the Avengers and then recreates them to do his bidding.
Based on the Korvac Saga in The Avengers #167-177. A sequel appears in #43. All pages are inker jam pages, with each inker inking certain characters, as listed. This information indexed 2005 by Steven Tice.
Inking credits and suggestions for future story titles.
Why Not -- Extra!
- Ed Shukin
Average number of copies of each issue during the previous year: 262,341. Single issue nearest to filing date: 261,112.